The lavender road
Dicovery of the Valensole plateau and visit a lavender distillery
how to order
The Lavender road, an immersion in the Provence
This cultural activity will lead you through provencal hinterland, where lavender fields overlay Valensole plateau. You will be able to visit a traditional lavender distillery still operating and see the whole process to creat lavender oil and parfum.
Your guide will show you the different lavender species, the history of the typical plant and its legend. Included in the cost, transportation to the different sites : lavender field, distillery, shops. The best period is from June to July only.
14h - 17h
This trip take place in the afternoon for about 3 hours:
- Arriving on the Valensole plateau
- Visit of the lavender distilery
- Explanation of the traditional distilation process
This trip is achievable during a specific time on the year :
The flowering season is mainly from the 10th June to the 20th of July. That is why it is the best period to visit this wonderful and flavored place.
The meeting point is in "Galetas" camping parking
- A total change of scene
- Typical provencal landscapes
- Provencal atmosphere with the cicadas, the sun and the lavender perfume
- Discover a traditional way to distil the lavender.