Marseille's Soap workshop
Discover the workshop and manufacture your own Savon de Marseille
how to order
Workshop manufacture of Savon de Marseille
Near the Old port and the Panier quarter, the Grande Savonnerie will teach you the history of a typical product of our city, the Savon de Marseille.
The workshop open it's doors to let you discover all the hand made manufacture process. At the begining of your visit, a soap master will learn you all you have to know about the history of this provencal product. After that you will make your own soap following the traditional Provencal process.
This activity will initiate you into the Provencal culture in a joyful atmosphere and a welcoming surroundings.
9.00am - 10.00am 10.00am - 11.00am 11.00am - 12.00am
This activity will be devided into three parts:
- You will learn about the history of the Savon de Marseille
- You will learn about the whole soap manufacture process
- You will make your own Savon de Marseille in the traditional way
In front of the Intercontinental Hôtel on the Old Port of Marseille
- Learn about the Savon de Marseille history
- Learn a centenary knowledge
- Be guided by a soap master
- Go back home with your own hand made soap